DMOZ - Suggest a Site: FAQ
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor
DMOZ Data - RDF
Submitting a Site
In Other Languages
عربيّة - Arabic
Deutsch - German
Español - Spanish
Français - French
Italiano - Italian
Português - Portuguese
Suggest a Site: FAQ
How do I add a site to DMOZ?
How long does it take for my site to be listed?
Does DMOZ have an express submit service that will get my site listed quicker?
How do I get my site listed in more than one category?
How long does it take for my site to show up in a search engine like AOL Search or Google?
Who do I ask for help regarding my site and getting it listed in the proper category?
What should I do if the category where I want to submit my site is not accepting suggestions?
- How do I add a site to DMOZ?
- Adding a site is easy! Simply follow these instructions.
- How long does it take for my site to be listed?
- This varies based on the activity level of the editors in your area. While DMOZ is comprehensive in scope and coverage, we care a great deal about quality, and pride ourselves on being highly selective. We don't accept all sites, so please don't take it personally should your site not be accepted. Our goal is to make the directory as useful as possible for our users, not to have the directory include all (or even most) of the sites that could possibly be listed or serve as a promotional tool for the entities listed.
- Does DMOZ have an express submit service that will get my site listed quicker?
DMOZ does not have an express service similar to other commercial directories. However, there are several things you can do to help expedite review of your submission. First, follow the submission guidelines carefully.
Second, you may want to review some of our editorial policies that the editors use to list sites. A well-written, thoughtful submission has a greater chance of getting reviewed sooner than a sloppy, careless one.
We do not, however, recommend suggesting your site to many different categories in hopes that one or two will end up being listed. This will not get your site listed quicker, and may in fact significantly delay processing. This may be interpreted as spam, which could result in your site not getting listed at all.
- How do I get my site listed in more than one category?
- You should suggest your site to the single most appropriate category that is directly relevant to your site's content. Please only suggest your site one time. The editors reserve the right to use their editorial discretion to determine which category or categories your site will ultimately be placed.
- How long does it take for my site to show up in a search engine like AOL Search or Google?
- Once your site is listed in DMOZ, it may take a week or more for your site to appear on any of the search engines that use its data. It is the responsibility of those search engines to pick up the latest version of our data. We have no control over when third parties update their data.
- Who do I ask for help regarding my site and getting it listed in the proper category?
- If after searching the vast array of subject categories, you are still unsure as to where you should suggest your site, your best bet would be to suggest your site to the category you think best reflects the content on your site. The editors have the ability to move your site to a different category, or create a new one, should there be a need.
- What should I do if the category where I want to submit my site is not accepting suggestions?
- Please find a more specific category further down the tree.
Fri Jun 17 13:38 EDT 2016